... about this blog

Every developer should know about this blog.

But you (assuming you are a developer) probably want to know a bit about it as well. To that end, I've answered a few general questions below.

What is the purpose purpose of the blog?
To provide information to help developers improve and become better at what they do (create software). I hope everyone who is involved in software development wants to become better at what they do and I hope this blog can become a resource to help.

To be a really good developer there is loads you need to know but will probably never be taught. Often these are things that you might normally only learn with experience but might also be because few people teach them, because few people know them.

At the very least this blog might help you identify what you don't know. I'd like to hope it will inspire you to find out a bit more about those subjects also.

Why does it exist?
Because I couldn't find another resource for this type of information. Sure there are lots of sites that provide information in specific areas, but none that provide good general information on a regular basis.

Who is it for?
Anyone who is involved in software development. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned expert, I hope you can learn something here.


I'd also love for you to contribute. If there is something the you think all other developers should know but frequently seem not to, please let me know. And if you can write a bit about it, even better.

What can you expect?
Once or twice a week, I'll post something that I, or someone who I respect, think that every developer should know.

The aim is to try and list information, or sources of information, that will be useful or relevant to any developer but sometimes things might be focused on a specific technology or language.

Who's writing it?
Me.

Hi, my name is Matt Lacey. I also have a personal blog which might tell you a bit more about me.


Do I think I know everything?
Definitely not!

Part of the aim of setting up this blog was also so that I could learn (directly from other people as well as by researching articles).



Got any more questions? Stick them in the comments. I'll do my best to answer them.